Why are my POMEGRANATES ROTTEN inside?
Leaf-footed bugs have piercing/sucking mouth parts that suck juices from fruit (especially pomegranates) and leave it rotten inside.
Leaf-footed bugs can damage entire crops if not controlled. If they are a problem for your tree, the following tips may help:
• Learn to identify all stages of leaf-footed bugs: eggs, nymph, and adult.
• Examine plants early in the season and often (daily or several times a week) for all stages of the bug. Remove and destroy all forms of leaf-footed bugs. Early detection and elimination are key in controlling them.
• For best results, look for the pests in the morning since the bugs are less likely to fly away.
• Look for their rope-like eggs under the leaves.
• Remove fallen fruit, the adults often lay eggs near or in the fruit.
• Insecticidal soap can help, but only at the young nymph stage.
• Remove overwintering locations for leaf-footed bugs such as hollowed-out pomegranates left on the tree or on the ground.
What have you found to be helpful when battling leaf-footed bugs? They are definitely one of my least favorite bugs for sure.
#howtogrowyourownfood #growinginthegarden #gardeningtips #vegetablegarden #growyourownfood #organicgarden #desertgarden
SUPPORT GROWING IN THE GARDEN
Amazon Shop: https://www.amazon.com/shop/growinginthegarden
Buy Harvest Calendar: https://growinginthegarden.bigcartel.com/product/perpetual-planting-and-harvest-calendar-for-the-low-desert-of-arizona
Seeds: Seeds Now https://www.seedsnow.com/?rfsn=275008.6345c
Botanical Interest seeds:
Watering Grids: https://shrsl.com/3abpw
Use code ANGELA10 to save $10 off $100
Growing in the Garden Raised Bed Mix at Arizona Worm Farm: https://arizonawormfarm.com/
Harvest Right Freeze Dryer
Ollas: https://growoya.com/?ref=aReoN Use code GROWING for a discount